Every nursing mother wants breastfeeding to
be a positive experience for her and her baby. These incredibly soft
and soothingly comfortable nursing pads provide the best conditions for
Which Style and Size Is For Me?
Softline - soothingly soft organic merino wool, in
which fibers are interwoven through a unique, patented method. This
process bypasses spinning and knitting of the wool, making Softline pads
an economical choice. Recommended for light to moderate leaking.
2 layers of knitted wool, with a third layer of Softline interwoven
wool between, for greater absorption. Moderate to heavier leaking.
Recommended if a women has open sores.
Guidelines in Sizing
(with understanding that each woman may have individual preferences)
Mini (9 cm - 3 1/2 in.) – recommended most often as
additional inner layer for very heavy leaking - if opting for this
alone, we recommend size XS.
X-Small (12 cm - 5 in.)- A or B cup - most comparable in size to disposables, just a tad larger.
Small (15 cm - 6 in.) - B, C or D cup – most commonly recommended size - will give full coverage, yet fit inside most bras.
Medium (18 cm - 7 in.) - DD or larger
Large (22 cm - 9 in.) and...
Oval (18 x 27 cm - 7 x 11 in.) - for women who want even more coverage (these are much larger than most women expect, so please check measurements before ordering!)
Many women who choose size Large opt for
the Oval shaped pads, which follow the shape of your breast and bra more
closely. Choice depends upon where you want more coverage.
Oval - intended for women with repetitive plugged ducts in area of armpit.
To be certain the size you order is what
you'd like, please note the measurements of each pad size and gauge
against your breast/bra. Certain bra styles may work best with size XS
What makes LANACare Nursing Pads Superior to Cotton or Disposable Pads?
- Most women need only 2 - 3 pairs and 1 bottle of Lanolin Soap for
the entire nursing period. Economical, in the long run, compared with
the repetitive cost of disposables. And environmentally friendly!
- When one pair feels wet, let it dry while wearing the second pair.
Lanolin's cleansing properties keep the wool fresh and hygienic.The wool
can absorb up to 40% of its weight without feeling wet.
- Wool wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you dry and
comfortable, even in warm climates. When the pads do feel wet, they're
warm, not cold and clammy as with cotton or disposable pads.
- Your skin is kept dry and able to breathe, allowing sore nipples to
heal. Since LANACare pads contain lanolin, use of lanolin ointment is a
perfect combination of treatment for sore nipples. Many women have
claimed that once they began using these pads, their nipples began to
heal and breastfeeding “turned around” for them.
- Scandinavian midwives have, for centuries, advised mothers to keep
their breasts warm to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis. Larger sizes
give protective coverage over greater a portion of the breast.
- With larger sizes, the edge of the pad falls further back on your breast, making pads LESS noticeable through clothing.
- Great, non-medicinal remedy for Raynaud’s/vasospasms! The gentle
warmth of the wool keeps blood vessels dilated, preventing the pain and
discomfort caused by vasospasms.
- Natural fibers of wool allow skin to breathe, maintaining a
comfortable temperature even in warm climates. Moderates temperature,
for comfort even when moving between hot outdoor climates and cold
air-conditioned inner climates.
- Variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs!
- Women LOVE these nursing pads – how often do you hear that about a nursing pad??
- When needed, wash by hand in lukewarm water with mild hair shampoo, alternating with LANACare 20% Lanolin-Soap.
LANACare's lanolin-replenishing soap has a much higher lanolin content
than most other wool-washes and will keep your pads feeling soft and
‡ Due to health considerations we cannot accept returns or exchanges of menstrual products, panties or breast pads.